sly sybolism

I used to get his texts. He would ask how I'm doing, tell me he loves me. He would assure me he misses me and wants me to come back home. I would reply; we would have a conversation for a while, but it would end on how he wants me to visit and me telling him I have school. The texts cheered me up they would make my day and even my week. I would run over the conversation in my mind as if he were right there with me, hanging out with me how he should be.

Over time the texts stop coming. Our conversations died down. Our imaginary time ceased. The two message conversations of his red heart emoji and my "I miss you"s have been the new normal. He still texts me, but it's not the same. I think its obligated by law. If he does not have communication with me every 90 days, he's abandoned me. I never saw his texts like that though. Not until now.

symbolism: the texts represent a father daughter relationship splitting

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

political article - death penalty

We Are Okay by Nina LaCour

yearbook