support


I have such great friends, and it amazes me every time they come through for me. In years past I’ve never really had close friends. I rode by with a series of “best friends” that eventually I would get into fights with and I would drift from. I would find new friends and move on. It’s not hard for me to make friends, so it was never a problem for me.  After starting high school, I realized I cannot have my temporary friends anymore. I had to make my friends that I would keep through high school, that would help me through the next 4 years. I would have to realize who I could trust, who would support me, and who I would have to drop. This horrified me. I missed people sometimes, but I knew some friends are problematic.

I gathered up all my closest friends all the way from 3rd grade, and I depended on them. It wasn’t a very wise choice to pick a lot of my friends from outside schools and older grades because sometimes I felt like I don’t belong in my class. I’ve been trying to make more friends. Sometimes I wonder if my friends consider me their friend. This too horrifies me. Honestly, I think anyone I talk to on a daily base my friend, which I’ve learned is not always the case with everyone. I’m okay with it and I continually talk to them and long for when they consider me one of them.

Most of the friends I have now would do anything for me, and I would do the same for them. Recently I realized this is a different kind of friendship then I’ve had before. Now I feel much safer; I feel like I can say what I what, I can be emotional, I can fume, and my friends will be there and listen, even cheer me up. It’ s crazy how different my environment is from years before, and I cannot thank the people around me for that enough.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

political article - death penalty

We Are Okay by Nina LaCour

yearbook