a & p

After reading the short story, A & P, I was conflicted. I liked the story, and I read it thoroughly and after the first time reading it I thought I understood the story. After going over it in class, I realized I missed a whole bunch of important details. I had read portions and didn’t consider them or read between the lines. I have learned I need to work on this.

While I liked Sammy for standing up for the girls, sort of, he spoke so poorly of them. He called these woman sheep and wondered if they had brains. While standing up to his rude boss was the right idea, quitting his job was a bit impulsive. He was very detail oriented and opinionated; he noticed every feature of the girls and had an opinion about it. I think his character is complicated in that, he wants to stand up for the girls and be their hero but doesn’t know how to think of them respectfully.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

political article - death penalty

We Are Okay by Nina LaCour

yearbook