details and new places, We Are Okay

In my book We Are Okay, there are a lot of details, and sentence fluency. Since the book is set in a New York college dorm, its a whole new place for me. I've never been in a dorm and the main character has only been in one for a semester. The people who live there are all gone for winter while she has stayed behind, so she's seeing her surroundings differently. The books specific detailing lets me visualize the dorm but the unknowingness I have of these types of places is fun because I get to fill in the details she doesn't mention in my head.
If the book wasn't as detailed I would be very lost. Its also more interesting to read because she'll mention the noises and smells that are in her dorm and it makes it easy to get lost in the book. Another part that makes We Are Okay so surreal is the sentence fluency. The sentences mix together so well when reading time passes easily and I read in double the time it usually takes!

Comments

  1. I liked how you started your expiation from a college dorm. It really made me want to read your book. I also liked your descriptions about this dorm.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

political article - death penalty

We Are Okay by Nina LaCour

yearbook