dear thirteen year old,

Dear Thirteen year old,
Forget the negative people right now. They aren't relevant, so you do not need her and you especially don't need him. You'll realize in the very near future that the people you're emotional over and trying so hard to please, don't matter to you or anyone worth mentioning. You will still have to deal with the mean guys but just block them out, pay attention to your real friends and school because they are all that matter. Even through rough patches, your real friends will still be there, so don't confuse them with the fakes. For a long time I couldn't help but care what the unimportant people thought of me. It lead to me being in a bad place and trying so hard to unstick myself from their toxic lives.

Stop stressing too. Stop it right now, it's so bad for your health. If you develop stressful habits now, you will keep them and it'll be a huge obstacle in high school. Right now I'm trying to get over my test anxiety and school stress. To help stress, I slow down my breathing, take time on my work, and do not get worked up over little errors. Times get hard, but you have to keep your cool, start writing how you feel or drawing, it really helps. If you take the time that you have and put forth a calm collected attitude, things will go over much better.

Signed,
A fourteen year old, who's been through what you have, and made it.

Comments

  1. Well said! It's so important not to stress in middle school so it doesn't lead to high school anxiety.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

political article - death penalty

We Are Okay by Nina LaCour

yearbook